• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gif Rendering Problem (Video Included)

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a gif removing background to make it transparent, as well as changing its color. It's only a few colors but after saving for web, it comes out choppy and old frames show. Everything on the timeline is perfect, I checked over everything. What are the steps I can take to resolve this problem? I need the gif transparent. Thank you.

Photoshop GIF Problem - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The windows 10 photo app will have a preview background that is white, it shouldn't be a problem on internet browsers (e.g if you open with chrome will show you the transparency layer) . See below. test.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried on the internet, the problem transfers over. It's gotta be photoshop.

The problem isn't that the background isn't transparent. The problem is that the gif becomes choppy and overlaps with old frames at the sides. I showed a side by side comparison in the video in the last response.

Here you'll see the same effect when I open with another photo viewer, as well as uploading it to a website.

Photoshop GIF Problem pt 2 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i thought it was, sorry, I didn't understand that, I noticed that you didn't have any opacity dither on your web exporting settings

You should workaround with that and see what dither you should use as probably you have different opacity layers on your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No different opacity on any layers, and saved it with different dithers each time, still acting the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you have opacity on some pixels as dither won't accept multiple opacity (see black and withe noise). You can try to deactivate the dithering and work with less colours. Also mapping some colours as transparent on your colour table will help to choose your transparent background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked each frame, no difference in opacity. I've played around with everything. Maybe I can link the file, and you can try for yourself?

Dropbox - Mute.psd

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've found you got some anti-aliasing (pixels that have opacity) in your .psd, the .gif export doesn't like that.Screenshot (4).png

And this is what it looks like with the default exporter:

Screenshot (5).png

My exporter setting would make pixel perfect the image, so you won't find those choppy and old frames.

Screenshot (6).png

Hope this will help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have your settings, but the information at the bottom still has 100% Dither & 256 colors. Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be more easier if you post a screen. Have you tried to save my settings as presets and restart Photoshop? It could be the exporter doesn't work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I set everything just as you have it, still coming with these choppy old frames.

(In the mean time, would you mind exporting this image for me? So as we try to figure it out, I can progress with what I have to do? Im honestly exhausted with this. Thanks.)

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines