• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reusing Collections/Collection Sets for new catalogs

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure someone already posted about this, but I haven't found the answer our quite yet. I am a wedding photographer and create "Engagement" Session and "Wedding" Collection Sets in every catalog for each client for organization. I also create sub-collections within those sets for further organization ei. "all" "good" "for portfolio" "for print" ect. I use these on every catalog like I said. Is there any way to save those so that I can reuse them on future catalogs? I would love to save the time that it takes typing all of them out each time if possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

I know you can do this with keywords, and this serves the same purpose as creating collections.

A workaround for collections would be to create an empty catalog, create the desired collections (still empty, no photos) and then close Lightroom. This gives you a "template" catalog file which you can the copy (using your operating system) for your next wedding, rename this file (using your operating system) and then open the copy in Lightroom and your (still empty) collections will be present. (NOTE

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you can do this with keywords, and this serves the same purpose as creating collections.

A workaround for collections would be to create an empty catalog, create the desired collections (still empty, no photos) and then close Lightroom. This gives you a "template" catalog file which you can the copy (using your operating system) for your next wedding, rename this file (using your operating system) and then open the copy in Lightroom and your (still empty) collections will be present. (NOTE: this is untested, I have never tried this, but I can't think of a good reason why it wouldn't work)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, I will try this and let you know if it works. Seems like it would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines