Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot click render in after effects?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm very new to after effects, I've just created a mini animation and now I have no idea how to render and export. I've watched numerous videos but none of them are very helpful as  they can all click the render button whereas I cannot. Am I doing something wrong? Please someone help Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 16.40.27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

You see where it says, "Not Yet Specified"?  You haven't told AE where you want your rendered file should go.  Click on that message, navigate to a place where you want to put it.... and because there are two items in the AE Render Queue, you have to do it again for the second item.  Then you can render.

You only have to do that navigation once if you add just one item to the render queue.  Any subsequent items added to the queue will automatically go to the same place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tick the little box to the left.  You may have to specify where you want it to output to as well.  Those tutorials should have gone over that.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You see where it says, "Not Yet Specified"?  You haven't told AE where you want your rendered file should go.  Click on that message, navigate to a place where you want to put it.... and because there are two items in the AE Render Queue, you have to do it again for the second item.  Then you can render.

You only have to do that navigation once if you add just one item to the render queue.  Any subsequent items added to the queue will automatically go to the same place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That makes sense why it wasn't doing anything, all sorted now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I also have the same problem but whenever I click on the "Not yes specified" After Effects does not respond. I have also tried to save it like a project file so I can quit After Effects and see if maybe I just had to quit it and open it again and it would work without losing my progress but when I tried to "Save" or "Save as" AE doesn't respond or it just doesn't work. I have looked for multiple videos but none of them seem to address the problem I have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines