• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Stop Lightroom CC Collections From Syncing To Mobile

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently created several collections in Lightroom CC and accidently set them to sync with Lightroom Mobile.  Several hundred photos uploaded and more remain.  After I realized what was happening, I clicked on the boxes to the left of each Collections in Lightroom CC to discontinue syncing, but that has not stopped the files from syncing.  The only way that I can prevent the syncing is to pause "Sync With Lightroom Mobile" at the top of the screen in Lightroom CC. 

Why are my photo collections continuing to sync after I unchecked the sync option?  How do I fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

I've had some issues with images getting hung up on the sync and it can be frustrating because there is no easy way to force a re sync, or force it to stop trying to sync. Here are some things you can try that may help.

Go to the Lr preferences Lightroom mobile tab and see if anything is still pending. I just checked mine and found three images, 2 that got stuck trying to upload and 1 stuck trying to download from my phone. The pending uploads are actually links. Clicking on the path takes me to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can stop a collection syncing by right clicking on the collection badge then clicking on the context menu option 'Sync with Lightroom mobile'.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I already did that and it is still trying to sync with Lightroom Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had some issues with images getting hung up on the sync and it can be frustrating because there is no easy way to force a re sync, or force it to stop trying to sync. Here are some things you can try that may help.

Go to the Lr preferences Lightroom mobile tab and see if anything is still pending. I just checked mine and found three images, 2 that got stuck trying to upload and 1 stuck trying to download from my phone. The pending uploads are actually links. Clicking on the path takes me to the image in my Library. I then go to the collection and remove the image from the collection that is synced. That removes the pending upload. Placing the image back in the collection will start the upload process again. This isn't exactly the situation you are encountering, but I am curious if the sync is stuck on because there are pending items.

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 11.16.39 AM.png

The next thing you can do is check the All Synced Photographs collection in the Library Module under Catalog. You can remove images from here without removing them from your catalog. Removing them from here will remove them from the Lr Mobile sync only.

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 11.19.47 AM.png

I'm hoping one of these might head you in the right direction to fixing the problem. Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Theresa,

Thanks for the great information.  I went with your second option and deleted the images from the "All Synced Photographs" folder.  Unfortunately, this also deleted the photos from my Collection, which makes no sense since the Collection folder sync option is turned off. Now my Collection is pretty much useless.  There are obviously some serious bugs in the syncing process.  I will only use it with extreme caution in the future.  It's not worth the headaches!  I will just use my Flickr account to view photos on my iphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "Thank you, but I already did that and it is still trying to sync with Lightroom Mobile."

Try using the option at the Top Left of the window while in the Library Module. See screen capture.

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 2.30.26 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denis,

Yes, that will stop the syncing, but it stops all syncing.  I am trying to prevent the syncing of Collections in Lightroom CC which I have turned off the Syncing option at the folder level. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines