• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG converter 8.6 stopped working for NEF files?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Nikon d810 and have been using Adobe DNG converter 8.6 to work my files in Lightroom 5.3.   I last used the converter in early June and then I went traveling.

Back home, I tried to treat my new NEF files from Nikon into the same converter and it no longer recognizes them (either the newly taken NEFs, or those I treated/converted in the past).  I rebooted the whole thing, uninstalled the converter and reinstalled the same version of the converter.  No results - the files simply no longer appear when I "select folder". I can't see in any of the online forums if the DNG converter 8.6 has been superseded by a newer version for my d810's NEF files - if so, please let me know.   Any other solutions?  

For as long as I can't convert the NEF files, I can't work on Lightroom, so any help would be appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.12

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.12

See the above links for the latest DNG converter.

The DNG converter gets updated along with Adobe Camera Raw each time there are support added for new camera models.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.12

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.12

See the above links for the latest DNG converter.

The DNG converter gets updated along with Adobe Camera Raw each time there are support added for new camera models.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Just did that (for windows).  Unfortunately, the new converter still does not recognize any NEF files in my folders.  The NEF files are certainly there, as Nikon NX-D can "see" them, and so does Windows, although it won't reproduce any images (as has always been the case). 

What else could I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been several new releases of the DNG converter, but that shouldn't have changed anything in your case. Did you download the images from the camera using any Nikon software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I usually just run the files directly from the memory card in my computer. 

You are probably right that it should not have affected the conversion, because the 9.12 has not worked either.

Just in case, I've downloaded the (free) Nikon NX-D to see if anything happened to the NEF files, but they can be viewed there with no problems. 

Still, I want to work on my Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you get the files from the memory card to the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines