• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to extract "welcome page" from PDF portfolio using Acrobat Pro DC ?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several PDF portfolios, each with a welcome page and a collection of articles as PDFs. I wish to convert them to a single PDF with a title page at the front, based on the content of the "welcome page". It's easy to extract all the individual article PDFs from the portfolio and combine them into a single PDF.

However, I cannot find out how to extract the "welcome page", or even copy its text, in order to make a title page. Nor can I find out how to edit or replace the "welcome page" in a PDF portfolio.

How can this be achieved ?

Thanks, Colin.

Please note, the "welcome page" is not a "cover sheet" or separate file. It shows up as an introduction to the portfolio with a "get started" button at the bottom.

For example: http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04618702 is a PDF portfolio with a welcome page, which does not display in Chrome's internal PDF viewer, but which requires to be downloaded and opened outside Chrome with Acrobat Reader.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bizarrely, the cover page is often not PDF content at all, but some kind of Flash creation. Not my favourite bright idea, but there were are. There is no extraction of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines