• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloads from LR Web Gallery Empty

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared collections, and have checked the option for allow downloads.  I send a user the link to the shared collection, and it opens fine.  They then click on the download link that downloads a .zip file.  Only problem is, that the zip file is empty.  No photos are in it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Greg

Interesting! I am on a Windows machine (W7). I can download a zip file just like you, and if I double click on the zip file, it successfully opens to show 11 jpegs, which all display perfectly - BUT this happens using WinZip, which is my default program for opening .zip archives.

If I try to open it using Windows Explorer, it shows blank contents - empty, but no error message. So the issue seems to be some sort of inconsistency in the format of the .zip file, which Microsoft hangs up on, but

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to download images individuall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Individual images will download fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is one of the links: 1121 Elmwood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download the collection fine. It downloaded very fast but when I opened the zip folder all of the images are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  Are you using a Mac or a PC?  The reason I ask, is because it worked fine on my Mac at home, but not working on a PC here at the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, I am on a Mac. If I can find some time today I will try it on my PC too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I've tried it on a number of PC's, with the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa,

Any luck downloading to a PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the error I am getting, if I try to right-click / Extract the files in Windows

Steps I have taken:

• Works fine on my Mac at home
  • Doesn't work on multiple PC's
  • I can open other ZIP files without any problems

ZipError.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg

Interesting! I am on a Windows machine (W7). I can download a zip file just like you, and if I double click on the zip file, it successfully opens to show 11 jpegs, which all display perfectly - BUT this happens using WinZip, which is my default program for opening .zip archives.

If I try to open it using Windows Explorer, it shows blank contents - empty, but no error message. So the issue seems to be some sort of inconsistency in the format of the .zip file, which Microsoft hangs up on, but Apple doesn't, and WinZip doesn't????

Richard Pugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Richard,

Very interesting.  I can only make the assumption that there is something on the way the files are being zipped up that is causing the issue.  Now the question is, how to get Adobe to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines