• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I revert back to 14.1?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to ae 14.2 and the render times are 10x what they were in 14.1. Previews have been slow, and its acting like a completely different program.

I have a mac trash can 2.7ghz 12 core 64gb memory.

At this point I just want to revert back to the latest 14.1 build until this is figured out. How do I go about getting that version of ae?

Thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017
is motion blur now being handled by the gpu?

it's not. only a handful of effects can be accelerated by the GPU and only if you set the option to use it in the project settings.

How do I go about getting that version of ae?

you can uninstall the current version and upon re-install choose 14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was doing some tests. I turned off motion blur for all layers for the render. The 30 second project took 6 hours to render with motion blur on and only 20 minutes with it off. what is going on? is motion blur now being handled by the gpu? i dont get it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows user here, so can help much on the Mac front, but you might want to check:

After Effects CC (April 2017) In-Depth: New Features | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

to see if your project is using any of the effects that have been shifted to the GPU...

Do you have similar problems with other projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
is motion blur now being handled by the gpu?

it's not. only a handful of effects can be accelerated by the GPU and only if you set the option to use it in the project settings.

How do I go about getting that version of ae?

you can uninstall the current version and upon re-install choose 14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines