Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bezier handles not snapping horizontally/vertically

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am experiencing some pretty annoying behavior with bezier handles when manipulating the curves from a shape or a mask. I think it is happening since I jumped to the earlier version of AE CC, and still happening on this one. When holding shift key handles are not snapping vertically nor horizontally, but being pointing weird angles, not even 45 degrees. It happens either first clicking the handle and then holding shift and holding shift and then manipulating the handle. Here is a video illustrating this problem.

Anyone have noticed this kind of issue and know what is going on?

I am running AE (13.8.1.38) on Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.5)

Thanks in advance.

Diego.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this should work. try to eliminate software factors: make a new project, a new comp from a preset and try again. if that does not work try reset your preferences. this could be some weird hardware failure of the mouse or wacom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Roei. But already tried all that and still getting same behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diego,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. Like I explained in the original post is something occurring since I changed to one of the latest versions of CC, probably more than a year ago. So is not something that starting a new project and reseting settings would fix. May be is some Wacom Intuos issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom is not the problem. Same thing with an standard mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still an issue. I thought it was just layers which were 3D but it happens on 2D shape layers too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines