• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign cc [publishing leaflet online very slow since adding images]

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a tri-folding leaflet and when publishing online ,the loading is extremely slow.

My images are jpegs and I have inputted content from photoshop as jpegs. The publishing of the leaflet has slowed down since I inputted the images.

Would you recommend saving the images in a different format? or even compressing the document?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution are the jpegs and what size are they in the InDesign document? If they are in at 100% size and either 72 or 96 ppi then you should not be having a problem for publishing online. Depending on how many images you are using even the upper limit of 144 dpi would not usually be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that I have problems if I change to HiDPI resolution when publishing. Under the "Advanced" pane of the Publish Online dialog, make sure you're Image Settings Resolution is at Standard 96 ppi, not HiDPI 144 ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestions, I have checked all of these settings and the document was following the specifications you have both pointed out.

I realised today that the issue isn't the images and instead the issue sparks from having an outline around the text. As soon as I insert an outline around the text (as shown below with the orange), the document slows down and is unable to export to be published online.

Hello.jpg

Do you have any idea why this might be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not put type like that into the jpg images directly, instead of over the images from within InDesign?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never heard of any problem outlining type.

Is there any transparency on that type?

I did a simple text, and found no difference with the outlined type on top of a jpeg image. But I only tested one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines