• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zooming out effect

Participant ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create this zooming out effect. And no tutorial on the web (that I can find) show me the effect the way I want. So I'll try to explain.

I want the effect like someone is behind the image, dragging the image from the center and backwards (from you, the viewer). Of course the image is elastic, so the the edges won't slip. It's kind of like warp. Or perhaps it is exactly like warp. Like pincushion distortion, but without the edges to fall in. And then I want to ad motion blur. Something more than just the effect. Perhaps motion blur and 360 shutter angel will help?

I have tried warp with a photo, but I can't get behind the image to drag it. I need to manually adjust every angel and that won't work. Is there a function that let me drag the center of the image in any direction?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you mean this?

if not, show us some visualization of what effect you want to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, more like this:
But what I suspect in the picture below, is that there is regular distortion in reverse. But in order to cover the empty areas they have duplicated (mirrored perhaps) the image and put it as a layer beneath the distortion layer.

Distortion.jpg

Original:

Original.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That starts to look like something I want. Fading zoom and radial blur? That's it? Possible to zoom out even more? Get the tower of light further away? I'm not on my AE-computer, so I can't try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a limit but you could work around it with some compositing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the image I showed you, I don't think there is a limit to how much I can distort. But if that's the case I can always duplicate the image and just scale down the image, and then use the duplicate image to fill in the blank fields. At least in my head. Or do you have another suggestion for workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can also try a combination with liquify

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I can decide what I want to be affected? From your image, the outer buildings is not affected. Possible to put the effect on the whole image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haugen, you would make an excellent art director! try it for yourself and see. greetings to your Dad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I certainly hope so. I will try it when I'm with my AE-computer.

BTW, here is the video I made for my dad. Can't leave it out for long since I don't own the rights for the music (didn't have time to make music on my own, but planning on doing so in order for the video to be visible for everyone).
Hagfors 2016_4K on Vimeo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the video is very nice! a lot of physical work! but there's the Jacuzzi at the end. I would cut the video by half, but maybe others will enjoy watching coats of paint come together

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I might do some more work to the video than just the music if I decide to publish it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines