• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling from center anchor point???

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going slowly insane. Since the latest CC update, my Mac shortcut for scaling in place without skewing perspective no longer works. It was ALT+SHT unless I'm having early alzheimer's. I noticed in Illustrator it's now changed as well, and you need to use a scale tool to do this operation. I've googled my brains out and can't find answers. Can anyone help? Thank you a million times over!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you do this? It works just like always for me on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows Alt transforms from center.  Shift Constrains the transform . For example the Aspect ratio to the current aspect ratio, or to a square or circle.  They can be used together and a corner control point must be use to drag transform being done.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your workflow?  Are you working from the Move tool with Show Transform Controls checked, or using Free Transform directly?  Just to be clear, you are dragging the _corner_ handles together with Opt and Shift, and not the mid handles?

I take it you have checked those Shortcuts are set to the defaults?  A custom set would show in the Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts dropdown.  For instance, I switch to the Essentials workspace when I need to use the defaults.

Do you have any plug-ins that might have stolen the shortcut focus?  Font managers... that sort of thing?

Do you have any other processes running outside Photoshop that might have stolen the shortcut focus?  Screen grabbers for instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am going insane after updating. Did you ever figure this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Shift (Constrain) + Alt (from Centre) is for Windows. I am not a Mac user, but understand the Mac equivalents to be Shift and Opt

Default keyboard shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave.

I actually figured this out. It was the latest Wacom tablet drivers that were the culprit. For whatever reason, they disabled the usual keyboard shortcut for this.

I just went to the Wacom website and reinstalled older drivers and the problem fixed itself. I use a Wacom Intous3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting that - it may help others

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it works perfectly. Please check if there is any other software taking over your usual Shortcuts.
All my best mate,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To resize and maintain proportion from center point simply do the following. Hold OPTION + click and drag lower right corner point of the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines