• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Install of Robohelp X5 Office

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2008 Oct 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I had to re-install Robohelp X5 Office. I realize this product was taken over by Adobe.
When I go to the menu HELP/CONTENTS & INDEX, the help file is NOT comming up.
Do you have any ideas that could help me?

I believe there is a Service Pack for this version of Robohelp (not sure if they are called X501 and X502). Where can I find them. Maybe they will fix the above problem.

Thanks,
Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008
Peter:

I did step-2 and everything seems to be okay. Did you see my other post -
"RoboHelp Office Tutorial-Related Topics"?

I want you to know the problem discussed in that post were there prior to doing Step-2.

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered your question about the help in your other post. Go to Tools | Options and tick the Use Offline Help option.

The service packs are not required to fix that but nonetheless you should still install them.

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter:
I wanted to address your reply about the Help files earlier but I forgot. On the RoboHelp Starter form, I have the menu items File, Edit, View, Application, and Help.

Two rows down, I have a series of Tabs—one of them says “Tools”. I do NOT see any Options.

Am I looking the wrong place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi samcec

If you try right-clicking any of the toolbars, you should see Customize... Choose that option and the Customize dialog should display. Click the Options tab and place a check mark in the check box labeled "Always show full menus".

Once you have done this, your Tools menu should be lots longer and show you Options.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to wonder if I have a bad install (even though after the first one, I followed Adobe's instructions to do a complete un-install and then re-installed a second time).

Let me tell you what I did during the installation. I installed RoboHelp X5 office from the Installation CD. I then downloaded and installed X501 and X502.

The instructions told me to download, run and replace RoboHelp.exe and RoboHTML.exe. When I was trying to run these 2 exe's, I was getting alot of "can't find" .dll files. They are on my system in the Program Files RoboHelp directory. To make a long story short, I ended up copying all the dll files from the Robohelp directory to Window/system32 directory. When I ran RoboHelp.exe, I got an "can't find entry point" error message. RoboHTML.exe ran okay.

After doing the above, I am able to get into RoboHelp by clicking the File menu and using the Tutorial example.

On the RoboHelp Started screen, right clicking on the toolbar does nothing. Clicking on the RoboHelp HTML-destination screen, I am able to right click and "customize" the menu as described on the previous post.

Am I using the latest BUILD of RoboHelp X5 Office? Going to HELP/ABOUT menu, I have version: 13.10.801

Thanks,
Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually copying files from one location to another is not the way to fix things and I cannot say what harm that may have done, if any.

It sounds like you ran the exes from some location other than where the originals were. What was required was to download those files and place them where the originals were, then run RH.

You say "download, run and replace RoboHelp.exe and RoboHTML.exe" but I believe it is "download and replace RoboHelp.exe and RoboHTML.exe".

I would now uninstall and reinstall making sure you have admin rights both to install and use RH.

Let's hope copying those files has messed things up.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter:
I would like to ask your opinion on this:

1. I will completely un-install RoboHelp.
2. I do a backup every week, Should I reload the latest backup of Windows/System 32? This should put be back to where I was prior to copying those dlls.
3. Re-install robohelp and follow the instructions more carefully.

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 2 is entirely up to you and your IT people. It is not a folder you should be messing with manually. I am sorry but there's too much that could go wrong. It may go OK, it may be a mess. You're on your own with that I am sorry to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Peter:

I did step-2 and everything seems to be okay. Did you see my other post -
"RoboHelp Office Tutorial-Related Topics"?

I want you to know the problem discussed in that post were there prior to doing Step-2.

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp