• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not what they say they are - InDesign CC

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have information in a table that I'd pasted from another InDesign file. Original table was all the same font.

After pasting the cells all took on their own look, different sizes as well as different fonts.

Normally I'd highlight the table with my cursor and select the font and font size I want and done.

This isn't working - some Times New Roman creeping in?

If I select the text it says its Arial and Find Font can't see this either.

I can eventually get the fonts to behave by changing the style and reapplying it - a lot more steps than I'd normally need as I can't seem to just clear the styles.

But I rely on Find Font in large documents! Why can't it spot the difference?

FYI it prints/outputs with the error, so not a display issue as far as I can tell.

My guess is something is hidden that's affecting it - how can I check my document to see if there is some hidden condition happening?

I'm not an expert but I've used this program everyday for like five years and can usually figure out where I've done the stupid

Tables are the worst aspect of this program for me - would love easier tools in the next update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be a Paragraph style (Basic Paragraph mostly) style mismatch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - that's how I've fixed it - deleted all the styles, remade them and reapplied

I don't understand why find fonts couldn't see it though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there paragraph, character and/or table styles created in your new document? Are there also styles that were created in the document that you are copying from. If there are styles in the original document that have the same names as styles in your new document but have different attributes then the ones in the new document that are different will take precedence and change your content accordingly. If this is the case simply change the names in the new document before pasting in the tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for the response

Yes I'd copied over parts of another document that had styles I'd set up.

However what I got out was neither the style I'd set or the default from the new document. Some of the table looked right but some bits didn't.

Am I expecting too much of the Find Fonts tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines