• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New images only show as grey rectangles in LR CC 2015.12

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lenovo Thinkpad 520 runs Lightroom CC 2015.12, which has been working fine, but following updates a few days ago, newly uploaded images fail to show in the library module. Each is represented by a grey rectangle with three white dots at the top, which I believe means that the upload is incomplete. However the RAW files have been uploaded to the usual file on my hard drive and they open fine in Develop. I've tried deleting and repeating with no success and have succeeded in uploading the same images from the camera  to my PC computer which runs LR 5.7.1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Your Previews file may be corrupted.  It get out of whack once in awhile.  Its the file with your catalog name and Previews.lrdata in the same folder as your catalog.  You can delete it and let Lightroom rebuilt it.  It may take awhile if you have a lot of photos.

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 10.44.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 10.49.09 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dj_paige. I'm afraid that's not the problem. Were it so it would affect images generally, but it only affects my most recent images and only in the Library module. I tried your solution anyway but to not avail.  Here's a screen shot of my library module. As you will see, from No. 355 images fail to display, even those that have been successfully edited in Develop. Prior to 355 images continue to display normally. 355 and onwards are all images shot and uploaded on Sunday 23/7/17.

Library view.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Previews file may be corrupted.  It get out of whack once in awhile.  Its the file with your catalog name and Previews.lrdata in the same folder as your catalog.  You can delete it and let Lightroom rebuilt it.  It may take awhile if you have a lot of photos.

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 10.44.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 10.49.09 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bullseye! Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines