• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbered List Alignment

Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 5, HTML.

I am using a numbered list (based on default css) and it appears to be perfectly aligned from WYSIWYG, but when I view the topic by clicking View Select Item (eyeglass icon) the list is not aligned appropriately - some numbers are indented more than others.

Usually when things like this happen, which I cannot explain, I right click on the line where the text is and usually there are "span attributes" that I can remove to correct the issue, but there are no attributes for the list.

This particular list is embedded within a chart (all step-by-step instructions are in a single column, but listed in multiple rows/cells), but I've also encountered the same issue when working with a number list outside of a chart.

Does anyone know why this is happening & what I can do to correct it?

Thanks,
Eva

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
I found the solution, but not the cause for the issue by looking over the TrueCode (compared aligned items to those that were not aligned).

Code for aligned list was : style="list-style: decimal;"
Code for unaligned list was: style="list-style: inside decimal:"

I removed the word "inside" to straighten things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I found the solution, but not the cause for the issue by looking over the TrueCode (compared aligned items to those that were not aligned).

Code for aligned list was : style="list-style: decimal;"
Code for unaligned list was: style="list-style: inside decimal:"

I removed the word "inside" to straighten things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp