• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding Tools Pane in distributed app?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app, a training program written in VB, calls calls a pdf dlcument.  The source pdf shows the Tools Pane To prepare the pdf for distribution in the app, I chose View > Show/Hide > ToolsPane.  (ToolsPane disappeared.)  Then File > SaveAs > and I chose a folder that would be distributed to my users, not the sourcs pdf folder.

But when the folder distributed to the user is accessed, the ToolsPane is again visible. 

How do I delete the ToolsPane from the pdf that the users will see?

Hal W

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The visibility of the tools pane is nothing to do with the document, and you cannot control it for other people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When bookmark-links could be created in Above Reader, I certainly could,  I know.  I did it.  But after Adobe screwed up and took bookmark-link creation away from Reader and required Acrobat, I guess that is another feature that was lost.  Bad Bad Adobe!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No version of Reader could create or edit bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines