• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Caution with free 10 image offer

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently decided to try out stock images after receiving several emails to download 10 free images or videos.  I started the process, logged in, gave a verified PayPal account in case I forgot to cancel and went beyond 30 days and then downloaded the images.  I noticed that my PayPal account had been debited $79.99 x 10, ouch.  But PayPal also said that Adobe had credited that back to me.  But the Adobe funds never entered my PayPal account to be transferred back to my checking, It just said "processing".  A call to PayPal found that they had no clue why funds were not transferred back.  Rajesh as Adobe Customer Support said I had downloaded from the wrong area.  He could not explain why nothing altered me to this when downloading. He sounded like the guy caught up in a lie with no where to turn. But he said he would escalate the call and I would receive a call within 24 hours.  Never happened.  When I called back I was told it would take 7-10 days for the credit back to my account.

This is insane.  You bate me then switch the rules without altering me (turns out there was no "wrong area") now you hold on to $799.99 for 7-10 days.  When I credit back a customer on PayPal or a credit card it appears much faster than that.  But wait, if they do this to 10,000 customers x $799.99, that's $7.9M and if they do it 5 times a year, whoa that is a lot of interest being made on a "mistake".

I have been a loyal Adobe user since the 4.0 days.  This is really underhanded and needs to be looked at if it happens to others.  Who knows, maybe some young Deputy Attorney General is reading this and thinking the same thing I am.  Has this happened to you?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Daniel,

I see that the refund has been processed today and it will take at least 5-7 business days to get credited in your account. Will request you to wait for some time.

If still the issue persists after the above mentioned period of time feel free to update this thread.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

I apologize for the experience. Could you please provide me with the case reference number so that I can check and further help you with the issue resolution?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Twarita it is 0222671284.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel,

I see that the refund has been processed today and it will take at least 5-7 business days to get credited in your account. Will request you to wait for some time.

If still the issue persists after the above mentioned period of time feel free to update this thread.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Twarita,

5-7 days.  Annoying but I can live with that.  Oh and I spoke with HR.  You know that paycheck they deposit to your account each payday. It's going to be 5-7 days late. 

I know I know, there is nothing you can do about the delay in a refund.  But someone can work on making sure this doesn't happen again!  Print a notification right next to the notification that a credit card is needed.  Maybe something subtle like "We will debit your credit card for the amount, and then immediately will refund it back to your account.  You will have to then wait 5-7 days to get this chunk of change.  You will not have access to it, so don't buy any equipment or pay your camera guys after jobs.  Just tell'em they will have to wait 5-7 days to get paid.  In the mean time rest assured we are keeping your money safe and using it only on stuff we feel could make us more money.  Your cooperation is appreciated.  Please don't hesitate to contact customer support and speak slow when you do."

Ok maybe not in those exact words but you get the idea.  Sorry, editor humor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started