Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking to buy Photoshop CS6 Extended licence transfer

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am looking to buy someone's copy Photoshop CS6 Extended edition. I hear that Adobe can transfer the key between accounts, and I can find no other way to buy a legitimate copy. If someone has upgraded to CC, then this licence would be no use to them, so I would greatly appreciate it if someone would sell me their hand-me-down, as I cannot afford a subscription fee. This program is my only lifeline to a paltry income, and I lost my last copy to a hard-drive failure.

Please leave me your offer if you are interested, or if you have a better idea on how to get a key.

Thanks a lot.

[Moderator moved from The Lounge​ to Photoshop General Discussion​.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Photoshop Elements can be purchased outright.  No Creative Cloud subscription required. Maybe you should explore that instead of putting yourself & computer at risk for malware or fraud.

The Photography Plan = PS Extended + Lightroom for a paltry $10 per month.  And you get all the updates and upgrades for the duration of your membership. 

CS5 will never be updated again.  It's legacy software.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements seems to be aimed at photographers, but I need the full range of tools offered in CS6 for digital art.

Maybe $10 per month is paltry for some, but I am unemployed, and the only income I have is from Patreon, which would be more or less a third of my income. I am not comfortable not owning my programs, and I want to know that in years time I can go back to the program I know with no restrictions.

I do not need updates, all I want is what I am used to. If updates is all CC offers, then give people the choice between old and bad, and new and better, because CS6 is all I want. Nothing more. I would still be using CS4 if it wasn't for my university forcing me to use CS6, but now I will lose years of work if I do.

I don't want anything fancy, I just want to continue like I was with my outdated software. And I will, one way or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..................... I want to know that in years time I can go back to the program I know with no restrictions.

Just be aware that if you freeze your software in time then you should also freeze your hardware and operating system.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been fine with what I've had for the last 5 years, and I will be fine with it for another 5 years. Without CS6 I cannot export my old files in a future-proof manner, and I may have bought CS7 instead, but Adobe closed the door on any future (one-time) purchases.

I appreciate replies pertaining to my original message's request, not criticising my life choices. I will not be bullied into a lifetime payment commitment like a drug dealer's target.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not aware that anyone has bullied or criticised you, certainly that is not the intention.

I was merely pointing out that we do see issues on the forums, with some older software as operating systems and hardware progress. We also see issues in the opposite scenario of trying to run the latest software on older hardware and operating systems.

The way to avoid either is to ensure that your hardware , operating system and software are from the same rough era.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines