• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When i open filter gallery, they are all black...I can't see the photo in the samples and even if I choose one, the result is a black image.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC version

using latest update but has been happening for awhile as I don;t use this too often

thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Can you show us the layer you are using this on without the filter - I can just make out that you have applied two filters, Torn Edges and Half Tone pattern, but without seeing the image before it is difficult to tell whether it is working or not.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of want you have posted so far please post a meaningful screenshot – one that includes all pertinent UI elements like Toolbox, Options Bar, Layers Panel, Channels Panel etc.

What are the Foreground- and Background Colors?

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us the layer you are using this on without the filter - I can just make out that you have applied two filters, Torn Edges and Half Tone pattern, but without seeing the image before it is difficult to tell whether it is working or not.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for noticing that. For some reason those two were applied and it made the whole thing black. when i removed them all is fine. the torn edge seems to do it.

THANK YOU ALL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got sorted

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as Halftone Pattern uses the Foreground and Background Colors please include the Toolbox.

And please don’t downsample the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines