• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links panel option of "Edit Original" no longer taking me directly to Photoshop.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since purchasing a new computer and using updated software - the  pencil icon - "Edit Original"- in the link window is opening the selected image in "PREVIEW," instead of in PHOTOSHOP. 

I realize I can go into the options and use "Edit With..." option to choose Photoshop. But with a hundred+ images in a magazine this is a new frustrating time consuming step. Is there any shortcut or action or default option I am missing?

Hope my question is making sense and advance thanks for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Open the “Get Info” dialog (Command-i) in the Finder for a single Photoshop file of whatever format you will need to import and in the Open with: area choose whatever version of Photoshop you own. Once you have done that click the Change all button and Photoshop will become the default program for that format. See screen shot below:

CHOOSE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the “Get Info” dialog (Command-i) in the Finder for a single Photoshop file of whatever format you will need to import and in the Open with: area choose whatever version of Photoshop you own. Once you have done that click the Change all button and Photoshop will become the default program for that format. See screen shot below:

CHOOSE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - THANKS Bill - that is exactly what I have been looking to do - you have saved me a ton of angst. Only wish I asked a week ago. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines