• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make the grid of squares in the middle of the document?

Engaged ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How do you place a square-format grid placed exactly in the middle of the document? Now it's going out of the document to 900 mm. I tried different values, but they all give me wrong result, sometimes it' goes far out of the document. I want it palced so that there is equal boxed all over the document. I want it stop 857 mm exactly.

Would be glad if anyone could specify the exact values I need to put in, or any other way to solve this problem.

Kind, Modassir

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

What page size are you using?

To make the grid of squares end with full squares at your page edges, you need to know what dimension as a square will fit.

For example, if you have an 8.5" x 11" sheet, then your squares cannot be 1" square, because that doesn't divide evenly into the 8.5" side.

You'd have to use .5" squares to make that work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as in using grid lines? like attached?

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 12.28.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not create guides, but grid, option is under preference then grid, that one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can split a frame into a grid as your are creating it.,

For no gutter, go to Margins and Columns, and set gutter to Zero for the page

Draw a frame exactly the size of the page, and without letting go of the mouse button, use the up and right arrow buttons. Your frame will divide itself as much as you want into equal portions.

Screenshot 2017-07-28 16.01.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with SJRiegel. You can make any text or graphic frame split into a grid by using your arrows while you are still holding the mouse down when you draw the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use the guides on a separate layer and lock it and use it as my grid to layout. do it for web mockups of magazine layout. i find that works. sorry. i don't use that option you speak of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What page size are you using?

To make the grid of squares end with full squares at your page edges, you need to know what dimension as a square will fit.

For example, if you have an 8.5" x 11" sheet, then your squares cannot be 1" square, because that doesn't divide evenly into the 8.5" side.

You'd have to use .5" squares to make that work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah! It worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines