• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annotations inside a paragraph are flattened when saving so I cannot select it separately

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am proofreading a PDF and making annotations, the annotations that fall within the paragraph boundary box become flattened or unselectable for moving around, while annotations that are outside a paragraph boundary do not.  I really need to be able to adjust annotations anywhere on the page - what am I missing?

Screenshot is an example:

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot doesn't really help understand what the issue is... Can you upload a sample page with both kinds of annotations to somewhere like Dropbox, Google Drive or Adobe Cloud and post the link to it here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a more descriptive screenshot:  The Yellow arrow is pointing to an annotation done at the same time as the annotations referenced by the red arrows. Once I save the file, I am no longer able to independently select the annotation referenced by the yellow arrow, it has no bounding box of its own like the other annotations, but seems to have been flattened into the same paragraph as the original text.

annotation.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What tool are you using for the selection? Are you seeing the highlights under the Comment panel?

I have a feeling you're using the Edit Text & Images tool, which is not meant to interact with comments, but with the static contents of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines