• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing videos in CC 2017 using convert to smart object

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to editing videos in PS. I've got that when making a global adjustment to all the frames I need to convert to smart object. My problem is that having edited with the layer going purple in the time line (smart object) I then can't review the whole video by hitting play on the timeline without the frame rate going red and settling at a ridiculous 8-9fps. I can render the video and save it and then play the saved file, but is there a way I can convert to smart object, apply adjustments and then instantly review at correct frame rate before saving/rendering? Is there a final step I'm omitting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn down the playback quality which will allow a faster processing, thus faster playback. If you play the video (or a section) a time or two the frames will be processed and should play at full frame rate.

Of course, Photoshop isn't primarily a video editor. Premiere Pro would likely be a much better choice beyond some occasional editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK...thanks. As long as there's not something else I should do after converting and adjusting......I imagine there is a lot of processing, certainly at 60fps., and my iMac may not be quite up to it. I just wondered whether I had done/not done something stupid. I will test edit a file and leave it to process before trying playback to try and check whether it's simply a processing delay. Thanks for your help - and if anyone else has any suggestions I'd be grateful -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines