• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize an image in a locked image frame?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am setting up templates for a few documents for another user to edit, and I locked all of the text and image frames so they don't accidentally move them. But for some image frames, the user will need to resize the image, but locking the frame also locked the image. You can still place images, but you can't move or resize them. Is there any way to lock the image frame while keeping the image itself unlocked?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Hi rachely,

I am afraid to inform you that there is no way to resize image while the frame is locked, however you may share your request on our Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, a locked item cannot be edited or moved. A locked frame cannot accept new content. The frames much be unlocked to accept content.

You may be trying too hard to dumb down the document. I have set up templates for other users many times, most of whom I expect to have less experience than I do. Rather than locking everything, I use layers to separate the different items and lock layers that don’t need editing or put items on Master Pages so they cannot be edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for locking layers method

However I remember a discussion about adding content to a locked frame. There is an option in general preferences. Something like "prevent selection of locked frames" if I remember well. Unchecking this option allows you to place an image in a locked frame. However I don't know about moving or resizing it: not in front of Indd right now, can't test it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot about that. I think that was added few versions ago.

Yes, you can place images in locked frame if you turn off “Prevent Selection of Locked Objects” in Edit > Preferences > General.

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 3.02.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rachely,

I am afraid to inform you that there is no way to resize image while the frame is locked, however you may share your request on our Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Srishti. That's unfortunate, it would make document setup with images a lot easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines