• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

suggestion on graphic card

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our organization is planning to upgrade workstations for better performance on video editing (after effects, animator, premiere pro). Our current system configuration is attached. Please suggest which graphic card will be suitable to meet our requirement. Thanks in advance!info1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Bill,

I just looked at that HP EliteDesk 800 G1 tower (which I assume that the OP has), and discovered that that system can accommodate full-height and double-width PCIe cards. Thus, a GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti should fit and work. The other form factors of the EliteDesk 800 can only accommodate half-height expansion cards - most of which (in terms of graphics cards) have GPUs that are so lousy that one might as well permanently lock Premiere Pro to the MPE software-only mode.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a gtx 1050 2gb would be a good match to the intel i5 you list. the gtx 1050 ti 4gb is slightly faster and has more ram to help if attempting 4k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoninEdits  wrote

a gtx 1050 2gb would be a good match to the intel i5 you list. the gtx 1050 ti 4gb is slightly faster and has more ram to help if attempting 4k.

That is if your HP motherboard can use a dual width card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

I just looked at that HP EliteDesk 800 G1 tower (which I assume that the OP has), and discovered that that system can accommodate full-height and double-width PCIe cards. Thus, a GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti should fit and work. The other form factors of the EliteDesk 800 can only accommodate half-height expansion cards - most of which (in terms of graphics cards) have GPUs that are so lousy that one might as well permanently lock Premiere Pro to the MPE software-only mode.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronin and Bill Gehrke,

Even I am also planning to upgrade my workstations for better performance on video editing (After effects CC 2017, Animate CC 2017, Premiere pro CC 2017). My current system configuration is attached. Please suggest which graphic card will be suitable to meet my requirement. I have GeForce GT 640 Video card but 4K videos are not rendering, Could you please suggest best graphic card to add with exiting GeForce GT 640? Thanks in advance!

System Info.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hammanth,

Your system's current GT 640 won't do at all for 4K. In fact, it is so lousy that it chokes on even 1080p. You need to really completely replace that GPU. Not just add another one to it. Ronin suggests the GTX 1050 Ti for your hyperthreadable quad-core CPU. However, if you're working with 4K, I would recommend the GTX 1060 6GB - and only when the prices start to come down. Right now is a pretty bad time to buy a new mid-range GPU due to the current cryptocurrency mining trend.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My GTX 1060 6GB SC  which I paid $260 for when they were abundant now is again available from Newegg for $290, but at least it is now back in stock.  EVGA lists it at $270 but it is on auto notify status.

EVGA does have in stock the newer models with the many new thermal sensors and dual fans for $300

Unfortunately virgino cannot use the GTX 1060 6 GB  units because that HP power supply is only 320 watts and the card has a minimum of 400 watt power supply requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch, Bill. I did not look at the specs of the system's included PSU.

As for my suggestion of the GTX 1060, I was actually responding to hammanth's post. I made no mention whatsoever to virgino about the GTX 1060 per se. However, hammanth's system is a Dell, which might also have come with a limited PSU. If that were the case, then, stick with the 1050 Ti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill & RjL190365 for suggestions.

I check some online sellers and found this - Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition ZT-P10510B-10L 4GB PCI Express Graphics Card, just wanted to confirm with you if this will meet our requirement? Plus, for dual monitor, do I need to use two separate graphic cards fit onto a single motherboard? Sorry for asking too much of detail since I'm not tech savvy!

Thanks much!

MV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

virgino,

You do not need two separate graphics cards for dual-monitor. A single GTX 1050 Ti can support up to four monitors, depending on the number of outputs your particular card has. However, you may need to purchase adapters (typically, DisplayPort to HDMI or DisplayPort to DVI-D) for your cables if you do not have existing cables with the correct type of plugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggested video cards says it was updated in June 2017 but is missing many of the latest GeForce cards.  Is Adobe slow on the update or is there a reason for this?

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the reason is, it costs money. its easier/cheaper for adobe to release unfinished/buggy software to paying customers and let them be unwitting software testers and report problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooo much RjL190365 and everyone!

Will get back to you for any update, you guys are really helpful!

Best,

MV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randall and Bill,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Shall I replace my video card with  GTX 1050 Ti ? (As you told, GTX 1060 6GB is not supporting to my system configuration right?)

This is the right (at below the url) product which your suggesting right?

Amazon.in: Buy Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition ZT-P10510B-10L 4GB PCI Express Graphics Card Onl...

Could you suggest me is this model (New Inspiron 15 7567 Laptop it has GTX 1050 Ti ) good for making 4K videos with Adobe Premiere CC, Animate and After Effects? Please check at below the url for system configuration.

Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop - Intel i7 Quad-Core | Dell India

Or

Let me know please if there are any other best Laptop from windows or iOS for good making 4K videos with Adobe Premiere CC 2017, Animate CC 2017 and After Effects CC 2017 

Thanks in advance

Hanmanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I need one more suggestion, I am planning to buy sound card. Please suggest me.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 will it supports to my system configuration and New Inspiron 15 7567 Laptop?

The Adobe people has suggesting...Sound card compatible with ASIO Protocol or Microsoft Windows Driver Model for Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 have ASIO Protocol?

Thanks in advance

Hanmanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB means... there are showing couple of graphics cards while searching. Which one is the right card? could you any body help me with full name and url? Please check below the urls which I found.

GeForce GTX1050Ti 4G GDDR5  OR

OTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti mini ZT-P10510A-10L 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card

Amazon.in: evga gtx 1050 ti 4gb

Amazon.in: Buy ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti mini ZT-P10510A-10L 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card Onl...

Amazon.in: Buy GeForce GTX1050Ti 4G GDDR5 Online at Low Prices in India | EVGA Reviews & Ratings

Thank you so much in advance

Hanmanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would go with the least expensive one because there is such a big price difference for the overclocked others.  I check a few reviews and found no real complaints

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill Thank you so much for quick response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines