• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions on an unresponsive device (tablet)?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone at Adobe please either de-authorize one specific device (Aldiko ereader freeware on LePan II Android tablet) or simply de-authorize all of them so that I can re-authorize the ones I'm actually using?

Background: I've been using Sony eReader/AdobeDRM/Kobo since 2006. I'm planning on replacing my 2012 Android tablet running Aldiko e-book reader (freeware). It doesn't give me an option to deauthorize my Adobe DRM content (it used to, but it would crash instead of deauthorizing, now it just fails to give me a Deauthorize option). So I have at least 4 items already authorized and possibly more, and my replacement tablet makes one more. It's very possible after 10 years that I already have all 6 authorizations used up. I tried to contact Adobe Chat (case # 0222697383) and was told to come here. But on this site, threads such as https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2277128 and several others make it look like no one from Adobe is reading these, though the agent I chatted with after being pressed repeatedly claimed that Adobe employees do read this and act upon the requests. If you ARE an Adobe employee reading this, I would encourage you to resolve my and all these other threads out there with frustrated customers getting the runaround. As for myself, I would much rather get this resolved BEFORE laying out the money for a new tablet or ereader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi McLaughlin,

I have escalated the issue to the concerned team, I have requested an expert to view & guide accordingly who will respond when back in his office on Monday. Please excuse the delay due to the weekend.

Thanks

Rajashree

Follow us at @AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. This week, I am only going online once a day. As of today (Tuesday), I have not heard from the expert as of yet and, having opened Adobe Digital Editions on my Macbook just now, it is still authorized so I don't think he or she has acted yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now Friday (4 days since the expert was to return to his office) and no response yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the record, no one ever contacted me or did anything whatsoever. Fortunately, I was able to authorize the new device. However, this whole episode gives me little faith in Adobe - eventually, my new tablet will become old and I may run into the "too many devices" problem.

If you work for Adobe: everything I have read on this forum about this issue, plus my own personal experience fairly screams at me "Adobe doesn't care about me or this issue, even though they could allow ME to deauthorize all my devices and start over if they wanted to give me that option." (Incidentally, that would require zero manpower for Adobe once the option was set up for users who log into their account online.)

If you are a corporation selling ebooks with Adobe DRM: This is YOUR problem too! If users have trouble de-authorizing from individual devices (some of mine have died in the past, or simply fail to deauthorize) eventually they will be locked out of reading books that they have paid for - I've purchased hundreds from Kobo. Do you think I'm going to be confident in continuing to purchase when I can buy from Amazon instead? Adobe apparently doesn't care anything about us peons no matter how loudly we scream. Since some of you run multi-million-dollar businesses relying on Adobe DRM, why don't YOU do the screaming and get some results that will protect your ongoing sales revenue long-term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines