Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with the camera tracker tool

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

i have the following Probelms with the camera tracker tool im pretty new to after effects, dont know what to do. Sorry for german dont know how to chnage the language.

http://imgur.com/a/otxiJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to composition settings>advanced and change the renderer to classic 3d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it, but i still got the same errors.... Maybe because i use it for game footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidr79711082  wrote

I tried it, but i still got the same errors.... Maybe because i use it for game footage?

Game footage is typically difficult or impossible to track because it often has forced or false perspective, so that could quite easily be the issue.

You might want to test with a short length of real world footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohh that realy sucks bcause i only work with Game footage....is there a other way to add 3D text toa  fix point or only with the tracker ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us the footage and a full screenshot of your Ae interface. Video capture of the process would be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something wrong with the youtube links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they work dont work ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I tested this in my system. downloaded the footage using this service. it shows different duration than yours. it was actually able to track almost the entire  shot and create a camera which was surprising.

17:45 matrix error you get could be a resources issue or maybe a bug. are you using the recent version 14.2.1?

anyway, let's try to solve this in a workaround - you probably don't need the entire duration tracked, right?.

try this: trim your layer to just the part you need and no more. if you need different parts then duplicate the layer and trim just these parts. then apply the camera tracker and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i use the 14.2.1 version. I tried to trim it but it still dont work.

So you can create a §D text without the errors ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I can. it could be a codec issue. try this: transcode just the part you need to a lossless format like Quicktime Animation, then import it and try to track it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay i will ty so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dont work....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looking at threads with this error gives all sorts of results. my only advice is try them:

After Effects CC2017 3d camera tracker error - Unable to decompose matrix 17:45

if that does not work try the different basic troubleshooting scenarios - make sure your GPU is updated, reset your Ae preferences, uninstall Ae.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried everything nothing works not even if i install it new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact customer service and fix it via live chat with a support agent. Then come back and tell us what fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i will do that if i try to contact the customer service, i only have the option to look up in this forum....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DavidR,

I checked your licensing and you may have an enterprise or educational contract. That could be the reason behind why you're not connecting with standard support. Contact the administrator for your Creative Cloud support options. If you need help with that, let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines