• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop fails to launch

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, Photoshop has begun failing to launch. All other Adobe programs function correctly. Selecting the Photoshop option from the Creative Cloud tray fails to do anything, a brief loading icon appears after which nothing happens. I have completed a full reinstall, removing all Adobe programs from my computer, and running the Creative Cloud Cleaner, and deleting all Adobe files within Program Files, Program Files (x86) and Appdata. The problem persisted after a full reinstall. My graphics drivers are up to date, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled them.

I would appreciate assistance in resolving this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A guess - have you tried making sure you have the 64 bit version of Photoshop rather than the 32?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dean+Utian  wrote

A guess - have you tried making sure you have the 64 bit version of Photoshop rather than the 32?

Having both of these folders would indicate 64 bit:

Program Files, Program Files (x86)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob,

Having both Program Files and Program Files (x86) suggests both 32bit and 64bit applications have been installed. We don't know which Adobe programs in which folder. It could be that Premiere was installed as 64 bit, Photoshop as 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that I have the 64 bit version. To the best of my knowledge, Creative Cloud automatically installs the correct version, however I have also directly downloaded the 64 bit installer from the Adobe website. Its filepath also in Program Files, rather than Program Files (x86).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a page of troubleshooting with Photoshop.

It includes things like trying to start in safe mode which could reveal that the problem is an extension.

Solve Adobe Photoshop problems and issues by keeping it up-to-date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rolling back the video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have yout tried to reset Photoshop Preferences?

hold down Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys (Mac: Command, Option, Shift) while starting up Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as mentioned above, Photoshop entirely fails to launch. Holding down those buttons does nothing, since the Photoshop loading dialogue doesn't actually appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to use this tool before eventually reinstall the creative cloud:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

then re-download a fresh copy of photoshop and reinstall...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One moment... Have you restarted the PC before try to reset preferences?

Maybe some photoshop processes could be remain active...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as stated in the OP, I have already uninstalled all Adobe programs, deleted their file directories and run the Creative Cloud Cleaner, restarted and reinstalled all programs again. As stated above, this did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fixed the issue. I ran CHKDSK/F through the Command Prompt, which resolved this issue. I imagine it was a hard-disk based issue, but I can't be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok,  a system operating related error.. thanks for reporting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines