• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video playback problem?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premier Elements successfully for several years and until recently have had no problem using VLC  Media Player for play back of videos made from stills.  However, I now have an odd problem of both audio and video corruption with some hangups which begins to occur only after the video is about 30 minutes in.  These videos vary in size from 8 - 20 Gigs in size and all are prone to this problem.  VLC has been upgraded recently but I am wondering if this is likely a Codec issue.  Can anyone advise me on this problem?

Speyguy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what the relationship is between Premiere Elements and VLC Player in your question.

Are you saying your outputting video from Premiere Elements and the video won't play on the VLC Player?

If so, which version of Premiere Elements are you using and which output settings are you using to create the video? (It doesn't matter what composed the video -- video or stills -- it's all just video when it comes out the other end.)

Also, what processor do you have with how much RAM? What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Steve:  Yes I'm playing rendered videos on a recently upgraded VLC Player.  My specs are as follows:

PC with Intel i7CPU, 2.67 GHz

12 GB RAM

64 Bit OS

Win 10 Home Ed

I agree it's all just video out the end but my problem is I've been using PE15 videos without problem for over a year now.  But I just tried to play a video and all went well for the first 30 or so minutes and then signs of corruption began which got progressively worse.  What's more, all the older videos are acting the same way - even those made with Premier Pro years ago.  It seems to be a playback issue associated with accumulation of data?  But my VLC has been upgraded recently and I am wondering if this could be a Codec issue.

Thanks for your time,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless you are creating an unusual file format at output, it is not likely a codec issue.   What are you selecting as output choices?

Could it be HDD problems?  If previously reliable files are not playing and they are as large as you say, it might be lack of space or possible some sort of file fragmentation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines