• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts folder is missing from Indesign

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a missing fonts issue. The font was showing up in the list of fonts to replace it with but it wouldnt let me replace it.   I then followed advice about checking it was installed into the separate Indesign fonts folder supposedly at Library / Application Support / Adobe / Fonts  only to find no such folder existed! 

I am relatively new to Indesign and frustrated having trawled through the support forums to find no one with the same missing font folder issue that there is no kind of Adobe support chatline.  Am I missing something blindingly obvious? Or is there indeed a support contact chat/telephone/email one can go to?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an InDesign specific font folder in the InDesign application folder but you've given us next to nothing as far as information goes.

What version of ID? What operating system? What font is showing up as missing? Is it available in other applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thank you so much for replying so swiftly.

Here’s the info that yo mentioned:

Version of ID: Indesign CC (2017)

Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.5.

I have files that were originally create some time ago by my designer.

However when I open these files, it shows that the fonts are missing. These are Kabel and Kabel Heavy as per screen shot here <https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gqmxkyxtgcsw5t/Screenshot%202017-07-29%2015.07.40.png?dl=0>

If I click Find Fonts it suggests that I replace with a different font (Minion) as per screen shot here  <https://www.dropbox.com/s/8822wh8fzh4x6fu/Screenshot%202017-07-29%2015.08.46.png?dl=0>

However, if I try and replace this font with the correct one which showed up on the list, it doesn’t let me do this. I therefore downloaded and installed two more fonts but again although it sees them in the list (see screenshot here) <https://www.dropbox.com/s/996gf7c7oj62b5o/Screenshot%202017-07-29%2015.11.46.png?dl=0> ,if I select these it doesn’t do anything.

I therefore went through forum and found someone suggesting ensuring the font was in the fonts folder of Indesign. However on searching for this, I found there is no fonts folder (screenshot here) <https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4yc7cnit4lezv8/Screenshot%202017-07-29%2015.14.18.png?dl=0>

I then tried going through the support options on Adobe support but that just takes me back to forums. If you’re able to help, I’d really really appreciate it!

I did find someone who was having a similar issue but it wasn’t quite the same. He did at least have a fonts folder but his issue looked unresolved.

Thanks so much, Lucy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably the best place to get support for the kinds of issues you describe, but as Bob's indicated, you need to give full details.

In addition it would be useful if you did a bit a study, this book would be good: Adobe InDesign CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release): Kelly Kordes Anton, John Cruise: 9780134664095... and the online video tutorials from Adobe TV (free) and the paid-for ones from Pluralsight.com and Lynda.com are excellent (you can get a 30-day free trial).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines