• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

green cache bar in after effects not moving smoothly!

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green bar in my after effects is not moving smoothly and i cannot edit the part in the middle of a second as the time display only moves with one whole second along with the green bar. i am not able to edit nicely for logo animation please help.

specs:-

windows 10 64 bit

i7-6500U

16gb RAM

2tb hardrive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing you are new to After Effects and do not understand the user interface and time display. If so please make sure your version of AE is up to date and then start here: Basic AE.

If that does not solve your problem try this:

1. Select the composition you are having problems with in the Project Panel so we can see the composition settings
  2. Select the layers that are giving you problems in the timeline and press the U key twice to reveal all of the modified properties of those layers
  3. Make sure that the Timeline panel is showing you the entire timeline by using the small icons at the bottom left that look like mountains to expand the timeline view
  4. Press Print screen on your keyboard
  5. Return to this forum, add a reply and give us workflow details so we know exactly what you are trying to accomplish, then press the return key and paste your screenshot (Ctrl/Cmnd + v) so we can see what is going on

It's impossible to give you much help without details and a compressive screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have after effects CC 2015, I am pretty new to  this but that basics link will surely help the thing is my timeline looks like this

but all the tutorials I've seen have a different movement on the current time indicator and their movement is smooth too. How do i make my timeline move like this:-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm guessing it's a caching issue.  You probably need to let the frames cache before it will play smoothly and if your cache is full or maxed then it will always play slow (like a frame at a time).  You may need to purge your cache or depending on whats in your scene, 16 gigs of RAM might only be enough to preview a few seconds in real time.

Also, what you probably don't realize is that most tutorials are edited.  They edit out the part where they sit there & cache their frames for 10 minutes so that you don't have to sit there watching them sit there watching their frames cache for 10 minutes.   It's sort of like cooking shows,  when they put the raw pie in the oven and then immediately pull out a fully baked pie.  "Hey...how come MY pie takes an hour and theirs was ready instantly??"

If you are new you will save yourself (and the folks who try to help you) alot of time by following a learning path designed for absolute beginners in order, starting with settings and preferences & moving on to even more settings and preferences before finally getting into more advanced settings and preferences.

If you go straight to tutorials that presume or expect you to have some fundamental knowledge & understanding of the program then you're very likely going to have problems.   Not only that but because you skipped over the fundamental building blocks that teach you necessary concepts, you will also run into problems trying to get help with your problems.   You might be able cook something up with a week old, cloudy eyed fish but your better off getting yourself a fishing rod and learning how to fish.

mustard

camel

needle

glass

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pavgre7,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines