• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating multiple Instances of a AE project in Permiere Pro

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am having trouble editing text of a project I created in AE. When I pull the AE project in to PP and put more then one instance in the timeline all the texted is linked to the AE project so if I try to change one thing all of them change. I am making a scorecard template that has animated FX and text. The scores change every hole so it being linked is very frustrating. What am I doing wrong? The only way I have got it to work is rendering each one on its own. There has to be a better way! why can't I just have multiple instances that I can change on the fly in AE? I really need some help with this!

Thanks

Ian W

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

if you import an Ae project and select a composition then it will act as a live text template if there are text layers inside. you then edit the text in the upper tab in the effects controls panel. each copy of the clip can have a unique text. see here: Use Live Text templates in Premiere Pro CC

if you practicing this workflow and experiencing different results than the ones explained in the help files, then show some screenshots and further explain

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure I'm following. if you are using the live text template feature, then the whole idea is making the animation once but only change the text in premiere. if you want different animations then you need to create separate Ae projects or compositions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want all the same animations just want to change the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you import an Ae project and select a composition then it will act as a live text template if there are text layers inside. you then edit the text in the upper tab in the effects controls panel. each copy of the clip can have a unique text. see here: Use Live Text templates in Premiere Pro CC

if you practicing this workflow and experiencing different results than the ones explained in the help files, then show some screenshots and further explain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was looking to be able to do but when I open the comps setting in AE I do not get a template option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after messing around with it and watching a few videos. I got It!! Thanks for you help. This will speed up all my projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you considered animating the text in PP. It will probably lose some motion capabilities, but you would be able to adjust them on the fly. 

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines