• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom on iPad Pro - all collections now show 0 photos, even those with offline editing enabled

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest updated version of Lightroom CC on a Windows 10 laptop and the latest updated Lightroom Mobile App on and iPad Pro (v.2.8.0 6206A2) and an iPhone 7 plus. The operating systems on all three are also up to date.

My synced collections are fine on the laptop and iPhone (and even on one of my kid's iPad mini) but overnight almost all my collections on the iPad Pro (my main editing app while travelling) now show 0 photos, including collections that have Offline Editing enabled and that I worked with yesterday. The local storage tab for the iPad app shows 29.71 GB of locally stored copies so I know the photos are there. It also shows 56.99 GB Free and currently shows 0 cached files as I cleared the cache among other things to try to get back to work on the photos. The little cloud persists in telling me that it is "All up to date" and I can see the 'missing' photos if I look in Lightroom Photos -- they just aren't showing up in the collections. This has brought everything to a complete halt so I'm really hoping you can help!

One other, much smaller, problem is that I have 4 photos taken in the Lightroom App on my phone that my desktop says is can't read and that I can't edit on the laptop although I can edit them on the phone (and until today, on the ipad).

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a force restart of Lr Mobile on your iPadPro?

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let me know if that makes a difference. - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thanks. I've had some success with going into the Lightroom photos

section at the top, scrolling through to find a photo from an 'empty'

collection, making an edit and then forcing sync. That returns the photo to

the collection but it is too cumbersome to do for all of the missing ones.

Is there any way to try using a backup catalog without losing all the

synced collections? In the past I've gotten a message saying it appears

that I'm using a backup and would I like to sync that instead. As I'm

travelling and have slow / unreliable internet service, I would prefer not

to try to resend everything. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines