• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An internal error has occurred: Attempt to make a request on a closed server.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I backup my Catalog I am getting the message - An internal error has occurred: Attempt to make a request on a closed server.

My backup is to my local D: drive and in a subfolder to where my Catalog is stored so I would believe that permissions are not be an issue.

I had the same error when backing up the Catalog to my external NAS.

Two of these message appear but after pressing OK through both of them the backup seems to complete OK. I am quite concerned that it might be corrupting my backups and would appreciate any help here.

Rebooting my PC makes no difference. I'm running a fairly decent setup with plenty of memory and disk space.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

I have exactly the same problem. Since a couple of click on OK allowed me to complete the backup (apparently w/o problems) I postponed further investigations. But last time I  tried to back up my catalog the error screen appeared again and again forever and I had to kill lightroom application using the task manager (w/o a valid backup I guess).

Really annoying.

It seems that disabling ALL plugins solve the problem, but I am not not sure yet if the cause is really related to one or more  plug-in(s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darthyone,

Could you please refer to this thread and let us know if it helps:

an internal error has occurred: Attempt to make a request on a closed server

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I started off reviewing the thread you reference, in fact I posted to that same thread as well with no responses received so thought I would start a new thread and see if I could find any more help.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone has any thoughts here I'd really appreciate it. After applying the most recent updates I am still seeing the same error.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after the most recent update to Lightroom 2015.12 I am still getting the same error. Would still appreciate any help here.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Since a couple of click on OK allowed me to complete the backup (apparently w/o problems) I postponed further investigations. But last time I  tried to back up my catalog the error screen appeared again and again forever and I had to kill lightroom application using the task manager (w/o a valid backup I guess).

Really annoying.

It seems that disabling ALL plugins solve the problem, but I am not not sure yet if the cause is really related to one or more  plug-in(s) or it's just a coincidence.

Sorry, I need to perform more tests to find out if this can really solve the problem. 

Regards,

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is caused by plugins running tasks in background tripping over a Lightroom bug.  I've changed one of my plugins (Any Source) to work around the bug, but another still needs the workaround (Any Tag). The error message is harmless and can be ignored.

You can see if this is causing your instance of the error message quick enough: Go to File > Plug-in Manager and disable all plugins. Exit LR, asking it to do a backup.  If the error doesn't appear, then one of the plugins is triggering the bug. You can re-enable each plugin in turn to find out which one.  Send the plug-in developer a link to this post: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2440474

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it was the newly installed LogiOptions plugin installed by one of the latest updates for their mouse/keyboard driver/software.

After disabling this plugin backup works as normal again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After disabling this plugin backup works as normal again.

Note that backups should continue to work even when you get that message from a plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that by disabling the latest Logitech option update the problem went away. (knew I shouldn't have installed that update).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same error message and after disabling LogiOptions plugin the problem disappeared. Note: I installed Logitech mouse update yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bingo.  Same history, same symptoms, disabled the logitec plugin and problem solved.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines