• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Cannot delete: Multiple pages have the Same Page Number"

Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this quite often when trying to delete or move pages near the beginning of the document. 'Pages' window shows them numbered 1, 2, 3, etc., as expected, but when I try to delete or move those early pages, I get an error message like the one in my subject line, referring to pages having numbers like 'urquelle-1', 'urquelle-2' (meaning, in German 'Original source' or 'early source'), etc.

Wondering what is going on here, and how to get around it. It almost appears like some expert-system is at work here, trying to recognize some early pages are introductory material(?) . . .

Best,

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Solved, by "deleting spreads" in the pages panel.

Thanks,

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear. there are these initial pages "Urquelle"-1, -2, -3, followed then by the actual pages 1, 2, 3, etc. The conflict appears to be between those respective pages. Would like an idea how to resolve this.

Best,

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happens if you have created a section. Check page numbering and delete any sections before moving or deleting the initial pages. Then you'll create a new section.

Pages section.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes, in the Pages panel I see that there are two page sequences 1, 2 and 3, but to my knowledge I did not create a separate section, nor do I know how to find or delete it. If I open Layout | Numbering and Section Options, I get a "New Section" dialog, but again to my knowledge, no separate section exists.

Thanks,

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved, by "deleting spreads" in the pages panel.

Thanks,

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines