Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics: Change Image in a .mogrt Template

Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

As mentioned, I'm working on a template. I'd like to include a background image from PS, with a control, so I can replace that image with another one from a series of a couple of similar graphics, depending on the situation.

Is this possible and if so, how can I achieve that easily? So far I can't see a way to change one graphic to another.

Thanks & regards,

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Hi @Jacobson Made,

Since we are still in development with the feature, there hasn't been a huge amount of documentation created just yet. 

The simple answer to your question is to think of the Media Replacement control that you create in AE like a container of both Dimensions and Time. The replaceable media control will be defined by whatever media layer or comp you use to create the control. If the layer you use to create an MR Control is is 1920 x 1080 and 10 seconds long, then that's the si

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link is dead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exciting news update!!
Its now possible to add videos to the Mogrt from within PR so that any of your effects and blend modes will be applied to the video you feed the Mogrt.

This feature is now in public beta in AE and Premiere Pro.

Here’s more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akp8aXF-iwM&feature=youtu.be

Let us know what you think!

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw this update, so great! Unfortunatley, I can't find any in depth documentation on this like, when replacing the video media does it need to be the same length or shorter than the one being used? I'm dealing with an issue creating advanced transitions that used shape layers and luma mattes to transition to the next footage. Unfortunatley, I have to save out 1 .mogart file for the first half with the shape layer animation, and a 2nd file that is just a video for the luma matte to use in Premeiere.

Is there a way to just use .mogart to create these complex luma transitions that also use graphics or shape layers??

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jacobson Made,

Since we are still in development with the feature, there hasn't been a huge amount of documentation created just yet. 

The simple answer to your question is to think of the Media Replacement control that you create in AE like a container of both Dimensions and Time. The replaceable media control will be defined by whatever media layer or comp you use to create the control. If the layer you use to create an MR Control is is 1920 x 1080 and 10 seconds long, then that's the size and how long it will be in Premiere Pro. 

When you replace the media in Premiere, you can double click on the MR Control in the EGP and it will open up a sequence with your replaced media. It is in this state that you can "fill" the 10-second time-container that is determined by the MR Control. You can cut clips or time-stretch clips to "fill" this time. If you add a clip that is too short, the last frame will just hold for as long as it takes to fill the time container. 

Alternatively, you can also add Responsive Design-Time to the primary comp before exporting the mogrt it sounds like you have some additional animations that you need to create these transitions. This means that the whole mogrt becomes time-stretchable / -squishable in Premiere, i.e. you can make the mogrt 3 seconds instead of 10 seconds. The caveat here is that time containers that were created by the MR Control won't re-time the replaced media or change the fact that its only 10 seconds long. This is really only a suggestion to get your animated shapes and luma mattes to align with your replaced media in Premiere. 

You can use markers or the workbar to create a "Protected Region" at any point in the Primary Comp. This means that anything inside of this region will not be affected by any stretching or squishing. This will not work if there is any audio enabled in the .mogrt. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 6.09.14 PM.png

Additionally, you should be able to design this in such a way that you have two Media Replacement Controls for the first clip and one for the second clip in the same .mogrt. 

I hope this was helpful! Super happy to continue the conversation or take a look at an example mogrt from you and make suggestions 🙂 

Thanks so much and Happy New Year! 

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank god its coming, for broadacast studio this tool is a must have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines