Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change auto save location Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cant find where to change the auto save location in Lightroom CC. It auto saves to C: but I want D:

Thanks,

Glenn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

It's you that selects the location of the backup - seen the Choose button. Your last selection will be used until you change it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'AutoSave' what ?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only auto save in Lightroom. Where it backs up your work. Catalog settings, backup catalog files.

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's you that selects the location of the backup - seen the Choose button. Your last selection will be used until you change it again.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the choose folder, but there is no way to execute the selected folder/path. The only way to close the window is to press the X button at the top right hand corner of the screen. If it was executable it would say something like accept and cancel at the bottom right hand corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just enter the folder you want the backup to go to and click to select this (Ordner auswählen) in the right hand corner.

My system is German, I can only show you a German screen-capture:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where the problem lies. You must not be using Lightroom CC. You didn't notice the difference? Your button says "Choose" mine says "Show". That tells me that your one you can choose, my one I can only view, not alter. Your one says "Backup Catalog" my one says "Catalog Settings" I dont have "Select Folder" It doesn't come up. You can only view the destination folder, not alter it. Thats the problem I said right at the start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking at the wrong dialog. You are looking here, where you set up the Backup to be active:

The Dialog where you can select comes once the Backup starts. You can not set it in any of the preferences before it actually starts.

Simply set as above and then close LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In pictures-  (thanks for the answers from F.McLion)

1. Preferences - (set once)

ScreenShot112.jpg

2. When you Close/Exit from Lightroom -  (you see this dialog when and how you set the preference)

ScreenShot113.jpg

The location you 'choose' remains the default (until you change it again).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wobertc​

Thanks for the fully illustrated guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks for that mate. It seems really confusing, I dont know how people are supposed to work that out, but thanks, thats the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines