• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How old is your equipment?

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I have a single thing less than 12 years old other than this laptop which is 8 (i think) my nephew gave it to me recently.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years, I built mine July 2014... reply #6 for my hardware list in https://forums.adobe.com/message/6536849 - plenty fast for my hobbyist video editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My daughter just inherited my last laptop (Sonicmaster s500c touchscreen NOV 2013) because the Win7 Emachine I handed down before that finally gave up and died but most people get 2-3 years from a laptop and 6 months from a phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My last laptop still works except that I need to attach a separate screen. The laptop screen works for about 3 minutes. That one is about 14 years old. Get a little warm though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 months from a phone??? I have an $800 phone, lasts much longer than 6 months...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Pro is late 2011. Vintage because it is a 17" matte screen. You can't get 17" MBPs anymore. All the new laptops have  highly reflective screen so the 17" one is good for working with photography. The internal hard drive now has a SSD, the mother board and trackpad have been replaced. The video card was updated with the Mother Board. I'll keep it running as long as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built this desktop in 2013 to a reasonable spec (at the time)  i7-3930k,  64GB Ram, AMD7970 3G video, SSD + "spinning" drives. It still copes well with Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere and Blender.  I'll probably build again in another year.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current Win10 workstation is 2-1/2 years old. 

I do have a super old laptop in a drawer  that can best be described as a door stop.   It has Win XP and IE 7 so it's useless for much except storing text, music and image files.   

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My everyday notebook is nearly 6 years old. A Dell E6420 bought in December of 2011. Runs Win 7 Pro and has a SSD as the boot drive and 16GBs of RAM.

I have older notebooks that still run, a Dell i8200 bought in January of 2003 (works as good as it did when new but is running XP), a HP I was given that has to be nearly 7-8 years old with a Core 2 Duo CPU. Running Win 7 Pro.

And 2 desktops. My main system I built in early 2011 and have upgraded over the years (CPU, RAM, newer HDDs and SSD) (the one I'm typing this reply on) and the system I had before I built my present main desktop. That one I built in 2006 or 2007. Older one running XP and the newer one running Win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My 27" iMac is 5 years old. My daughter has a macbook pro we bought earlier this year that is also about 5 yrs old. She trashed her other one that was about 8 yrs. old. My son has a PC laptop that is about 3 yrs old. He's a senior this year - I just hope it gets him through 'til he graduates in May. He also has a gaming PC he built last fall. My Wacom tablet is about 8 yrs old - they last forever. I also have a 24" cinema display that is about 8 yrs old that doesn't work with Sierra for some reason - so it's now a giant paper weight. And... I have a windows surface. The first one I got at Max 3 or 4 years ago?? About a year ago, my daughter dropped it and I had it replaced.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines