• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Opening RAW file in Photoshop from Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the latest update of PS, and Camera RAW I am having trouble with opening RAW files in PS from Lightroom.

I am working on a disktop and laptop, I updated the desktop, and all seemed to go well, and I thought it was working fine. I then updated the laptop and had a problem with PS with an arror message " The was a problem with Generator, Please quite PS, and try again, If this persits try removing any third party plug-in, and reinstalling PS. I tried removal and installed again but had the same problem until I choose not to save settings, it then installed and opend without the error message.

I went to open a RAW file from Lr and that is when I noticed that it did not open in the RAW file editor in PS. Thinking this must be a glitch in my laptop following the problems during the update I went to mt desktop, and that has the same problem.

If I open the containing folder, and choose open in PS, it open in RAW file editor, if I sellect "filter-camera raw filter" thats all fine. Has anyone else had this problem, or is there a glitch in the latest updates?

I am using windows 10 on both computers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Sounds like your problem is now with camera raw. I'm not sure which version of Photoshop you are using, so I can't get you an exact link. Check your version with this list Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

Then Google "Adobe Camera Raw [version] [Mac/Win]" Only download from an Adobe.com link

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tony-st,

Please take a look at this article Error: "There is a problem with Generator" occurs when launching Photoshop  and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like your problem is now with camera raw. I'm not sure which version of Photoshop you are using, so I can't get you an exact link. Check your version with this list Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

Then Google "Adobe Camera Raw [version] [Mac/Win]" Only download from an Adobe.com link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines