• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restart without changes made in current session?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I opened LR, it showed missing folders.  I changed folder locations outside lightroom by accident. When I reconnected dialog and reselected a photo to fix folder location, dialog said "image name different", but were exactly the same, "XXXXnumber", so I clicked proceed. All images  in that folder disappeared.  A later check showed original was XXXXnumber RAW and JPEG while the photo I had selected  just the XXXXnumber, a RAW format, so LR dumped the whole folder.

1.  How can I restart this session with the starting catalog that does not have the photos removed, then get the right matchup?  If I just reimport, I will lose all editing changes, or at least I will lose the editing history to show me where I was.  Sure wish LR had an "undo" button.

2. How do I reconnect in the future when I don't know the original was listed as both "RAW & JPEG" and the photo I picked was the RAW version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

tomclarkbiker  wrote

When I opened LR, it showed missing folders.  I changed folder locations outside lightroom by accident. When I reconnected dialog and reselected a photo to fix folder location, dialog said "image name different", but were exactly the same, "XXXXnumber", so I clicked proceed. All images  in that folder disappeared.

I do not believe that the photos "disappeared". In Lightroom, you will find them in a new folder. Why? Because you told Lightroom they were now in a new folder. Ple

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomclarkbiker  wrote

When I opened LR, it showed missing folders.  I changed folder locations outside lightroom by accident. When I reconnected dialog and reselected a photo to fix folder location, dialog said "image name different", but were exactly the same, "XXXXnumber", so I clicked proceed. All images  in that folder disappeared.

I do not believe that the photos "disappeared". In Lightroom, you will find them in a new folder. Why? Because you told Lightroom they were now in a new folder. Please look for them in the new folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks DJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines