• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Install Failure—Exit Code: 7 and DF015

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe LR informed me that LR CC had an update, I opened CC and began the upgrade process. The "upgrade" seems to have been a reversion, because LR lost the Dehaze command. Splash screen image at LR startup changed to show what looked like a California meadow scene. Therefore, I uninstalled LR and then tried to reinstall in hopes that the updater would use the most current version. The LR install now fails with the following error message:

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DF015 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Lightroom 6.0.0.0 {8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D} -----------

ERROR: DF015: Unable to delete symlink "/Applications/Adobe Lightroom/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/Helpers/DynamicLinkMediaServer/application/dynamiclinkmediaserver.app/Contents/Adobe QT32 Server.app/Contents/Frameworks"(Seq 3676)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a root user account installed but I do not believe the path listed in the error message is valid, as attempting to delete it via command line fails. System OS info below.

MacOS Sierra, version 10.12.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

The six-step process in solution one on this page seems to have resolved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried reinstalling LR while in MacOS' Safe Mode, but without success. The same error was reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The six-step process in solution one on this page seems to have resolved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact issue on one of my computers. It would keep revering Lightroom to version 2015.0 upon updating while saying that he update went right. Tried everything and only finally got it to work correctly by using Creative Cloud Cleaner to wipe all the old Adobe stuff: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems​ and reinstalling CC and Lightroom from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines