• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to execute script at line 1. Expected: )

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to export from AE to Cinema 4D and keep having the same error ( Unable to execute script at line 1. Expected: ) ).

I have done this loads of times and cant seem to find anything online about this issue. I have done this loads of times in the past and it has worked. Only thing that has changed in the past month or two is updating to MacOS Sierra, Could this be causing the issue?

MacBook Pro ( Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014 )

Processor 2.6 Ghz intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks there's a script that's missing a closing parenthesis. 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Gutter-Fish.

Any idea how to check that or what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew Bow P,

Sorry for this issue. Gutter-Fish offered a good suggestion: inspect your script for a missing parentheses at Line 1. Did you ever find a solution other than that? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for bumping this Kevin. For some reason I never saw Matt's reply.

Matt,

The error is reporting that on the first line of the script AE is looking for two closing parenthesis "))". 

In coding or scripting whenever you open a parenthesis you have to also close it ( just like in grammar )

Somewhere on the first line of you script a parenthesis was opened but never closed.  All you need to do is find that and add the closing parenthesis.

You have three options:

1)  search the code for the missing parenthesis and just add it in.  Of course you'll have to know where the closing the parenthesis is supposed to go.

2) paste the script into a dedicated script editor with error highlighting that will show you visually where the error is (it's on line 1)

3) post the script here and hopefully someone will be able to tell you where the error is.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change the name of your composition before exporting to Cinema 4D. If you use symbols you will get that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines