• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw files not recognized, preview not available, Canon 80D?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Lightroom CC subscription. I have a 80D and I click pictures in RAW. For some reason when importing from SD card, lightroom says, preview not available. I still go ahead and import them and it then says files not recognized. I have Photoshop also and it recognized the files without any problems. Here is the list of things I have tried based on reading the forums,

1. Uninstall and reinstall Lightroom.
  2. Make sure Lightroom and Camera RAW plugin are on the latest versions. (They are).
  3. Copied files to local storage and then tried to import them, still the same results.
  4. Formatted the SD card in camera.
  5. Changed SD card to make sure SD card was not the issue.
  6. Reset all my camera settings.
  7. Also purged cached in Preferences.

Will be happy to share logs and any other technical details if needed.

Could use some help, thanks guys.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Your symptoms indicate you do not have the most recent Lightroom, even though you state you do have the most recent Lightroom. (Please state the actual version number of your Lightroom, thanks)

You need to update your LR (it's free) to LR CC 2015.5 or later (assuming you have a 64 bit operating system). Use the menu command Help->Updates, or update from Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your symptoms indicate you do not have the most recent Lightroom, even though you state you do have the most recent Lightroom. (Please state the actual version number of your Lightroom, thanks)

You need to update your LR (it's free) to LR CC 2015.5 or later (assuming you have a 64 bit operating system). Use the menu command Help->Updates, or update from Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. It is that may be. But when I click on update in Lightroom it opens up Creative Cloud app and it says it's up to date. Here is my lightroom version.

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 5.49.37 PM.png

Also going to About Lightroom CC options in the menu, it shows me that my camera raw version is 9.0. Which is causing these problems. I can't see any way to update that.

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 5.51.56 PM.png

I tried going to the website and download it, but it opens up Creative Cloud CC eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter if the Creative Cloud applicatoin says you are up to date, because you are clearly not up to date. Please use one of the two methods I explained above to download and install Lightroom CC 2015.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It worked perfectly. Creative Cloud should be fixed for not showing updates available.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kevindesai777  wrote

Creative Cloud should be fixed for not showing updates available.

Agreed. That point has been escalated to the relevant teams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines