• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errant spreads

Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an epub (iPad) document set to nonfacing pages. Everything worked fine until I tried to add a new page in the middle of the document: the added pages turned into a spread. I tried turning the shuffle feature off and then on again, but this didn't help. ONLY the two places where I added pages have this spread, and I cannot get rid of it.

I added the page before a "start new section" page, but even if I turn the start new section OFF, the spread remains.

The image below shows the problem. I added 1 new page after page 38 and it automatically flowed to a second page (as it should), but both new pages (39-40) are in a spread.

Errant-spread.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

That did the trick. You are so kind to answer so promptly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clicking on page 40 and dragging it slightly to the right away from page 39? This should work. If it does do the same with page 39.

Hope it works. If not, let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That worked so easily. But... for some reason page 38 (the page before the added pages) and page 41, the page (after the added pages) are both set in square brackets in the thumbnails ([38]... [41] . Does this cause any problems?

Thank you for the prompt and helpful response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't be a problem. Not sure why it's doing it.

Try selecting each page that's in brackets and choose "Allow Selected Spreads to Shuffle" under the Options menu of the Pages panel.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did the trick. You are so kind to answer so promptly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines