• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment layers default to "value selection" when the layer is selected

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running OSX 10.12.5 (Sierra) and Photoshop CC 2015, so apologies if this has been changed in a later version.

After making an adjustment layer, and selecting a different layer, returning to that adjustment layer will automatically have the first value selected ready for changing. For example, a HUE/SAT adjustment layer will jump to the HUE value selected when the layer is selected.

This is a problem as I often change layer opacities with the number keys, as well as use many hot keys. If the HUE value is highlighted to be changed, then my hotkeys cause an error dialog to pop up as it is expecting numerical input. This is a regular occurrence, and I have to remember that EVERY TIME I select an adjustment layer, I need to hit ESCAPE in order to be removed form the value selection box.

Is there a way round this issue, checkbox to tick, or something similar? The amount of times I have accidentally changed an adjustment layers value, because it anticipates that I may want to change it, is ridiculous.

Please let me know if you have also had this issue, or is it just my version of CC2015.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

From the fly-out menu in the properties panel uncheck Auto-Select Parameter

hs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the fly-out menu in the properties panel uncheck Auto-Select Parameter

hs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines