Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline not displaying frames or secs.

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this might be something really stupid..... but my timeline is not showing frames or Secs. I know you can command (on MAC) click to switch between frames or timecode. When I am on frame mode, it properly displays the frames on the timeline. But when I am on timecode mode it displays the timeline in 01:00f, 02:00f, when it is all zoomed out, it shows 01f, 02f, 03f. I have attached pictures as well. I want the timeline to display regular time code. 

timeline1.jpeg

timeline2.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

not stupid. a bug in the recent version.

Re: Time rules (Displaying time seconds instead of frames)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not stupid. a bug in the recent version.

Re: Time rules (Displaying time seconds instead of frames)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so there is no work around for now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hold on. show a full screenshot of your Ae interface. I am not sure you are experiencing the same bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE_screenshot.jpeg

hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the frame rate to 25 just to check. does it look fine? if so, then it's the bug. 00:01f is just 01s so that's not too bad in regards to timeline orientation. The issue really starts when you are zoomed further in and start seeing the time ruler in strange intervals like 12:10 12:35 and so on. Nothing to do about this bug. It happens on 30fps and 29.97fps btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I created a new composition, and set frame rate to 25 a regular timeline showed up! Thank you for solving this with me. I guess I just have to wait for the next update when the fix the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have to wait but please submit a bug report to adobe through the wishform page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines