• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant understand relationship between Files, Library and Lightroom?

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm new to CC and really confused about how to use these different aspects of CC.

I've worked out if I click the squiggly arrow in lightroom next to a collection they appear in the "Lightroom" section of CC.   However from here i don't seem to be able to do much with them them. I can sent it as a tiny thumbnail by email, but that seems about all. to send a full size image seems to involve saving to device. Is that really what you have to do?

On other other hand I have a D500 connected to my device by snapbridge. i uploaded from my camera to snapbridge then from snapbridge to CC, but it appears in "Files".  i can see anyway to get it into lightroom?  Can you add files taken on the device uploaded back to a collection in lightroom?

Under "Library" I managed to upload my snapbridge image, but no idea what I do now to get it into lightroom???

so far i cant see this is a useful tool to connect camera, device and desktop Lightroom, but assume that was one of purposes. Is there an idiot guide?

Thanks for any advice

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Hi Mike,

The online features for Lightroom are somewhat similar to Snapbridge. Basically it allows you to upload your images online (via a collection) to where they can be shared between devices or with others. Please check out these articles.

Get started with Lightroom on the web |

Learn to use Lightroom on the web

Get started with Lightroom for mobile |

Please post back if you have questions

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

The online features for Lightroom are somewhat similar to Snapbridge. Basically it allows you to upload your images online (via a collection) to where they can be shared between devices or with others. Please check out these articles.

Get started with Lightroom on the web |

Learn to use Lightroom on the web

Get started with Lightroom for mobile |

Please post back if you have questions

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines