• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.mov (H.264) file size to large.

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to submit my video Ad as a .mov (H.264) file that's 3840 x 1080 which I have figured out how to do.  The problem is that the video is 10 seconds long and they want it to be no larger than 10 megs....  Is there a way to compress the file size or change a setting in order to reduce the file size, without, compromising the quality of the video? 

In AE I add to render queue, Output Module: Change the Format to QuickTime.  Open the Format Options… menu list. Under the Video tab, change the Video Codec to H.264, set Quality to 100. Click OK, and then click OK again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Don't use QT, use the native H.264 encoder that comes with AE/ AME. Regardless, getting 10 MB files at those resolutions and expecting pristine quality seems like a dumb requirement. It would be tricky even with a normal HD 720, so for a triple full HD 1080 res it's illusory, considering that depending on settings a single frame can have anywhere from 1 MB to 30 MB in the most common use cases. I can't help but feel that your client is not understanding something fundamental here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use QT, use the native H.264 encoder that comes with AE/ AME. Regardless, getting 10 MB files at those resolutions and expecting pristine quality seems like a dumb requirement. It would be tricky even with a normal HD 720, so for a triple full HD 1080 res it's illusory, considering that depending on settings a single frame can have anywhere from 1 MB to 30 MB in the most common use cases. I can't help but feel that your client is not understanding something fundamental here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you need to do some studying on compression techniques. If you set the quality to 100 the files are going to be bigger than if you set the quality to 50 or 75. Are you positive about the dimensions? 3840 X 1080 is a non standard size. QuickTime does not handle H.264 well, is not supported or being developed by Apple any more, and is not recommended. The Render Cue and Output module will not do multi pass compression which is required for the highest quality.

I would start by verifying the non standard frame size. H.264/MPEG-4 AVC - Wikipedia

Use something like HandBreak if your client insists on that frame size but be aware and make your client aware that they are swimming in uncharted waters and things may go wrong. I'm with Mylenium, that file size for that frame size and that program length is going to be very hard to do unless you drop the frame rate, and there are standards for frame rate also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines