• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download Flash Player 10

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to download the latest flash player, so half of my websites no longer work. I get the error "Cannot download dll". I have called adobe customer service twice, and they have been unable to help. They gave me a url to download it www.adobe.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_msi/ but this gives me the error "Error 2330 C/Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash Get last error: 1392" and will not install. I was told to try the forum as customer service could not help and there is no techical support.

I am using Windows Vista and IE 7. I have java installed.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try this link:

Download and unzip Install_Flash_Player_10_ActiveX.zip.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/ts/documents/tn_19166/Install_Flash_Player_10_ActiveX.zip

Also, you can open a Flash Player Technical support case here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2008 Oct 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't much about Adobe flash player. I wasn't even sure I had it. Matter of fact one of the sites I visited said I need to download flashplayer, for viewing purposes. So when I tried to download it, it replied I already have it. So I used the forgot "sign in & password retriever. I was well on my way. I thought it would be a rather simple process. So, I tried to download "FP10." Boy was I confused. I kept getting a msg. That it would damage my pc, along with a lot of other bad things? So my PC would not let me access "10." I read all about every error support, concluded it must be a "bad site" that it was an insecure site maybe? So, I came here and I sure hope Adobe Flash player 10 it ALL IT"S OUT TO BE? Anyways, I downloaded it and am about to reboot. Then i'll see what happens from that point. I just wanted to say thank the modern technology of today that I found you! Hope you get my email and stay in touch? If this works?> Who knows what else I mite need u 4. Or maybe someday I can help you too...thanks a lot. You seem to b a wise person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need a helper here. Open to any response~I just downloaded adobe flash player 10. About to reboot. Do I need to delete any previous versions of adobe flash player? If it's not a must will it effect tthe proper functions, if I do erase them? Also, is there a way to haev adobe updates installed automatically? Thanks to all the Adobe Seekers! We'll make a great team i'm sure! csmwanda@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE FLASHPLAYER SOS!

I use to be able to watch full episodes on www.abc.com and www.cwtv.com (I did on 10/12) but now it won't work. Now both websites say I need Adobe Flash Player. So I go to download it and even though it says "Download Successful". So I tried to go back into those websites to watch episodes and it still says I need to download it. I shut down my whole computer thinking perhaps I needed to reboot in order for it to take and effect and still nothing. When I go to "add and remove" programs it isn't there either. I even followed the instruction (I'm not sure if I did it correctly) regarding installing "SubInACL" and downloading "reset_fp10.zip file" but it still is not working. Someone please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: beachbeadgirl
ADOBE FLASHPLAYER SOS!

I use to be able to watch full episodes on www.abc.com and www.cwtv.com (I did on 10/12) but now it won't work. Now both websites say I need Adobe Flash Player. So I go to download it and even though it says "Download Successful". So I tried to go back into those websites to watch episodes and it still says I need to download it. I shut down my whole computer thinking perhaps I needed to reboot in order for it to take and effect and still nothing. When I go to "add and remove" programs it isn't there either. I even followed the instruction (I'm not sure if I did it correctly) regarding installing "SubInACL" and downloading "reset_fp10.zip file" but it still is not working. Someone please help!

Well.. both ABC and the CW use the Move Networks player. This player somehow involves Flash Player, but I don't know how, it's a proprietary thing (abc and move and i think cw are all owned by Disney).

So if it's just trouble with the full episodes, your best choice is to contact those networks.

To determine if this is more of a Move player thing or a Flash Player 10 thing, just go to the root of http://www.cwtv.com/ and see if all the Flash Player content on the home page FP10 is working. They use lots of Flash on the site (but not for the full episodes, that's move player)

So we need to clarify a few things here
-- is it -only- the full episodes that fail?
-- what OS and browsers are you trying?
-- do other Flash sites work (youtube, hulu, etc..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are in the administrator account, first check Add/Remove Programs to see if you have Adobe or Macromedia Flash installed. If yes uninstall themusing the new Uninstaller provided by Adobe and reboot some computers require a reboot to completely uninstall programs.Then try to download the Flash player again from the following site:www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/.However, it has been reported that some people are having issues downloading the full version directly from Adobe. If that is the case, you may want to try to download it as a standalone.www.softwarepatch.com/internet/fl. Flash Player is not a program per se. It is a plug-in to your web browser to allow flash content to be displayed and is required for many gaming sites.
-----------------------
Roseedna

<a href=" http://www.sexxat.com/livechat.html" rel="dofollow" rel="nofollow">Visit Sexxat.com - Instant Social Sex Networking and Amateur Video Chat Rooms</a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice. I have had trouble downloading from Adobe (network error) so I tried www.softwarepatch.com and it worked. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2008 Oct 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm running Vista Home Premium and IE7, with all the latest patches and updates. I've encountered Flash problems on nearly every website I've visited in the last few weeks. Obviously, this has drastically affected what I've been able to do online, as I deal extensively with graphics and Flash! However, simply running the .exe from http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html solved the problem! I was able to view Flash items immediately.

Thank you for posting that link, Roseedna!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to delete any previous versions. The Flash Player 10 install does that for you.

If we update Flash Player you'll get a notice that an update is available. That update isn't automatic, but its fairly seamless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HIGHLY recommend that you do not attempt upgrade. I have followed all the suggested install methods and now have no functioning flash player in Firefox or Chrome. It DOES NOT work with Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey dc....Sorry you're having probs with "fp10" on vista! I know it's irritationg~ Hng in there buddy! I kept trying and used woldes link. There was something else I had to sownload with it, sorry to say I can't remember, I believe it was activeX or somrthing simple like that? Whne I used that link, it gave me the option to also sownload whatever it wa? Give it another try and i'll try to surf and see idf I can help you any? I have a friend coming in from Florida 2nite. He has vista. I'll try to remember to ask him if he has "fp10" and if he knows of anything that will help you....sincerely, hang tight...Happy Halloween! Be Safe....Get back to ya ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy HAlloween everyone! Be safe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 23, 2008 Oct 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dc20001, was it really necessary to spam every post? Consider that there are millions of successful downloads already, and a pretty small number of failures. And millions of successful vista installs. Open a case as I suggested on another thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2008 Oct 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened a trouble ticket. I don't consider a couple of messages to be spam. Based on other forums and this one, this is certainly not an isolated problem. If as you say there have been millions of successful download (and yes, it downloaded successfully for me 9 times and appears to install correctly 9 times, but failed to work 9 times) even a 5% rate of problems would be in the neighborhood of 250,000 problems. Off line I have talked to several people that have also had problems with Flash 10 not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something has clearly gone horribly wrong with the new download.

I'm THOROUGHLY annoyed. I need to access some of the sites several times a day, for projects serving others, I've tried and tried to reinstall this, I've googled for patches, and none of it is helping.

Every time I try to download the programme in the usual way, it just says it is uninstalling it. It doesn't seem to install the new programme at all.

I'd really appreciate Adobe doing something to rectify this across the board as soon a possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: icedmaple
I'd really appreciate Adobe doing something to rectify this across the board as soon a possible.

What we need here is you to do one of two things..
1. provide some technical detail about your issue that we can use to make suggestions
or
2. Open a support case webcase and let an agent assist

Flash Player technical support is available via webcase only at:
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

There is no phone support for Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines